Parenting is hard. Dr. Betty Bellman of Dermcare Management in Miami Beach, Florida understands this and wants to help make even a portion easier! She is a board-certified dermatologist that offers dermatological care for all ages, including children. She can help make it easier to meet the needs of your child in terms of protecting their skin and helping them when problems arise. Children and even teenagers are susceptible to a number of issues as they age, including eczema, acne, and even skin cancer. Below are a few frequently asked questions regarding children and dermatology.
- Q: When should my child visit the dermatologist?
- A: In most cases, we recommend parents bring their child in whenever they have developed a rash, sore, or other skin concern that cannot be effectively managed with over-the-counter products. This includes bringing in teenagers for issues such as acne. Sometimes, certain skin disorders require the help of professional-strength creams and topicals that can only be obtained with a visit to the dermatologist.
- Q: Should I be worried about skin cancer in my child?
- A: It is extremely rare that a child under the age of 15 will develop the telltale signs of skin cancer. However, families with a history of melanoma will want to make sure their family members are evaluated and screened regularly for skin cancer. Protecting the skin with the proper products each day is recommended for patients of all ages.
- Q: What are some common skin issues seen in children?
- A: Common concerns that are often resolved with the help of a dermatologist include acne, rashes, and certain skin disorders such as psoriasis and eczema. Many children are referred to our practice from primary physicians who want a second opinion on a certain condition or for those who feel more specialized care is needed.
Request an appointment with Dr. Betty Bellman of Dermcare Management
If you reside in the Miami Beach, Florida area and are interested in learning more about how to care for your child’s skin, call our practice today to book a consultation visit. We are located at 4302 Alton Road, Suite #705 and can be reached by phone at (305) 534-8580.