Acne is the most common skin condition in the United States, with approximately 85 percent of us experiencing it between the ages of 12 and 24. Unfortunately, getting older isn’t always enough to evade acne since it can occur at any age. While acne isn’t a physically serious issue, it often causes emotional distress or a dip in confidence.
At our Miami Beach practice, acne is one of the conditions board-certified dermatologist Dr. Martin Zaiac treats most frequently. He’s helped countless patients achieve healthy, glowing complexions. If you’re ready to join the clear skin club in 2023, read on or book an appointment at 305-534-8480.
What Are the Top Causes of Acne?
Acne develops when a follicle becomes clogged with dead skin cells and oil. Because there are so many potential triggers, it can be challenging to pinpoint the exact cause of your acne. Genetics, diet, stress, hormonal changes, friction, irritating skincare products, and certain medications can worsen the condition.
During your appointment with Dr. Zaiac, he can rule out any causes that could have hindered your past acne treatment progress. Then, he’ll create a customized plan to address your unique skin concerns.
What Do Dermatologists Recommend for Acne?
When over-the-counter acne treatments aren’t delivering the clear skin you want, it’s time to visit a dermatologist. Our practice uses a range of treatments tailored to your specific skin type.
Your acne-free plan could include the following:
- Oral medications: Systematic treatment uses oral antibiotics (tetracycline, doxycycline, minocycline, or erythromycin) for acne removal from the inside out.
- Topical acne treatments: Topical cleansers, toners, or benzoyl peroxide can minimize acne. Antimicrobial creams like Azelex or sodium sulfacetamide and sulfer medications like Novacet and Sulfacet R offer a stronger solution.
- Facials: Our aesthetician will tailor products and techniques for your skin type.
- Chemical peels: This treatment works by sloughing off dead skin cells, which can help prevent pore blockages and pimples.
- Laser treatments: The Pixel Perfect™ laser is a complete facial rejuvenation treatment that resurfaces the skin. It’s beneficial in reducing hyperpigmentation, uneven texture, and acne scars.
Get Acne Treatment From a Dermatologist in Miami Beach
If you’re ready to say goodbye to acne in 2023, contact our Miami Beach, Florida, dermatology practice at 305-534-8480. Our providers love helping patients clear their skin and boost their confidence with personalized plans.